The Kids

The Kids

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Shiny Penny...

I have always had a thing for picking up penny's... I do believe in the 'find a penny, pick it up' thing (unless the penny is in a public restroom or really gross looking).  Well, on our trip to Rhode Island, we all stopped at Walmart to pick up a few supplies to take back to our hotel room...

We were on our way out of the store and crossing the parking lot when I happened to see a penny... I told Sean, "Look a lucky penny!"  Sean bent down and picked it up.

About three feet later, "Oh my gosh, another lucky penny!"  Apparently I had said that with a little too much excitement because that's when Uncle Kenny added...

"Look Sean!  A lucky ciggie butt!"  He was pointing at a cigarette butt that had been discarded on the ground a few feet away... we couldn't just stop there... all of  a sudden Uncle Mike exclaimed...

"Look!  A lucky dollar!"  I looked his way and noticed the dollar on the ground.  Seriously?!?  That's too cool... then I watched him pull a second dollar bill out of his wallet and toss it next to the first one... "Look!  Another dollar!"

If that wasn't enough, then Grandma took her purse off her shoulder and tossed it onto the pavement... she said with sincere excitement...

"Look!  A purse!"  By this time the boys were just staring at them because they didn't understand the level of humor that was being spewn all over the Walmart parking lot...

OK, lesson learned... I'm a bit too excited when I find a discarded penny on the pavement.

No comments: