The Kids

The Kids

Monday, May 10, 2010

I just want to say 'Thanks'...

We came home from the R/C air show on Saturday and there was an overnight FedEx envelope sitting on the mat in front of the door... it was from Progressive.  There was a letter inside from both the CEO and the sweepstakes company letting me know that they were glad to have me in the Top 10, but I was not going to be one of the three... of couse, my initial reaction was one of disappointment... and then the wonderful reality sunk in with the following thoughts:

1)  I won't have to figure out how I am going to get to California for their predetermined six days with two boys... I won't have to juggle schedules or pay for extra tickets or fly my mom out here to go with me because JD won't be able to get work off...

2)  I won't have to worry that they are going to put the six days in the middle of our vacation home to see family and friends...

3)  I don't have to get permission or have my words edited to fit the way someone else thinks a conversation or interview should go... I am back to being myself, not a clog in a system...

4)  I know that nothing comes free and that the things that mean the most are the things that you work for in life... I'm not a contest winner, I'm a resume builder and a pavement pounder... if I'm going to get anywhere, it's because I did it myself...

5)  I am Mommycomedy first and foremost... my kids come first and I don't have the time to be selfish and senseless and run all over the place because someone told me to do that... I mean, if I am going to run all over the place someone is going to pay me some darn good money so that I can take my kids with me!

6) and the ultimate thing... this just wasn't part of my plan...

Seriously, I thank all of you for voting for me and believing in me... I have a feeling some of you are going to be more 'let down' than I am at this point.  I uploaded my video not thinking that it would go anywhere... and then it did.  Pretty cool.  It was a neat experience and I had fun...

I think that for now I'll stick to what Albuquerque has to offer me.  My goal in January was to get on In Plain Sight... I can check that off my list.  My new goal is a tie between being involved in a scene where something gets blown up... or a speaking part... I'm just getting started.

No comments: