The Kids

The Kids

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Tents made of what?!?

We checked out Tent Rock National Monument today... and I remembered my camera!


We stopped by here with Uncle Mike, but only took the front 'Cave Loop'... boy did we miss the most incredible scenery of the whole place!


This is the view from the loop trail...


The trees along the 'Canyon' trail all had exposed roots like this... really cool.


The canyon trail took us through narrow passageways that were a bit chilly and icey... the boys loved it!


This is an example of one of the 'tents'... some of them had a big boulder on top of the tip... amazing!



I found another dead tree to photograph!  I'm really liking my small collection of 'Dead Tree' photographs!

We had such a great day of hiking... the area out here in New Mexico is gorgeous.  I had no idea how beautiful this area is until we moved here... it's heaven for us because there is so much to do outdoors!

No comments: