The Kids

The Kids

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Where are we?!?

We went hiking in the foothills of the Sandia Mountains on the Sandia Pueblo this afternoon... It was supposed to be a mile loop that would dump us out back at the truck... nope, didn't happen that way... I was the dummy that told the gate guy that we didn't need a map! We walked around aimlessly for a while until I saw an older lady with her little dog... she didn't have a map, but she was familiar with the area...

She offered to drive one of us around to find our truck... against my better judgement (and because it was getting close to dusk and we knew they locked the gates by 7) I climbed into her prius with Sean and Uncle Mike and Ethan waited for us with Max. Ten minutes later, I was pulling up to Ethan and Mike (after following her back around to them) safe and sound! Thank God!

Tip for the day: If a gate guy offers you a map, you take the map!

No comments: