The Kids

The Kids

Friday, December 11, 2009

I have a friend...

My mom called me this afternoon and told me that I was giving her heartburn... "Why?" I asked...

She told me that she was just out of sorts because I didn't know anyone in Albuquerque yet... she said that she felt the same way when I was pregnant with Ethan and JD was headed overseas... she wished that I had a support system here with friends to check in with...

I said, "but Mom, I met a friend today and her name is Julie."

She said, "Tania, you had a friend when you were little and its' name was 'boy' and he was imaginary... an imaginary friend named 'Julie' does not count."

I explained that Julie was a real person and that I had met her at Ethan's field trip... somehow, we couldn't get over the humor of me making up a friend or me actually having an imaginary friend...

I'm so glad that I don't have to do much to amuse my mother!

No comments: