The Kids

The Kids

Sunday, December 6, 2009

'Girl' toys...

Sean came up to me today and said, "Mom, I just want 'girl' toys for Christmas."

What 'girl' toys exactly?

"I just want a 'swim to me puppy' and a cat named Lulu and a flashlight."

Really? I explained to him that the puppy and the kitty could really be toys for boys, but someone somewhere decided to market them towards girls instead. I told him that it was sexist.

After I put him to bed, I went online to see exactly what this puppy was and who Lulu was... Toys R Us and Walmart were out of the Rescue Me Puppy that swims and Target was out of Lulu the cat that purrs. Geesh, my little boy had to pick two of the most popular 'girl' toys to want this year! I did end up finding the dog at Target online and the cat at Toys R Us online.

I have to admit that I am excited to see his face light up when he opens his 'girl' toys this Christmas! He's so funny... whenever he sees a commercial for the puppy, he freaks out and has to show it to me... he then makes the motions as if he is swimming when he says 'swim to me puppy'! It is so stinkin' cute!

1 comment:

marcia said...

Sally read me an E mail, long story short, the reindeer/females keep their antlers - they also have antlers like the males - on through December, the males shed late fall, anyway, so Santa's reindeer must of been female, and that is confirmed because only females could pull a fat ass male around all night, all over the world and not get lost, hmmm, Love Big Mommy