The Kids

The Kids

Monday, November 23, 2009

Oops...

About an hour and a half outside of Albuquerque, my 'check engine' light came on as the truck accelerated to pass a truck... I slowed down and pulled over on the shoulder. As I was shutting off the truck, I called JD. I told him what happened and that I took it off cruise control as soon as the light went on...

What?!? He was horribly surprised and a bit worried to find out that I had it in cruise... he told me that you aren't supposed to pull a trailer with while in cruise. Really?!? No one had ever told me that. I knew about shutting overdrive off, but not about cruise. I told him that I've had it on cruise the entire time without any problems... He was shocked to say the least.

I turned the truck back on and the light went off... he headed back to his truck and I grabbed the manual... what do you know, he was right! Oops, my bad.

We started out again... I hate pulling a trailer without cruise! So glad I didn't know this rule earlier in the trip. I called JD about 20 minutes later and told him to go ahead of me. We were running behind schedule and I wasn't making good time at all now that I had to pay attention to the speed gauge. I'm tired so I kept slowing down...

He headed on and the boys and I kept pushing forward. Driving sucks!

1 comment:

marcia said...

Got your post card, can't wait to visit, Love Big Mommy