The Kids

The Kids

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Goodbye Virginia...

Hello Tennessee!

This is the exit that we got off on a couple years ago when we took a family trip to Gatlinburg, TN... that place is gorgeous! Love the cabin we stayed at...
Awesome!
... and then we hit the traffic! Up until this point we were making great time! I actually called 9-1-1 when we hit this slow down because all I could see in the right lane were semi trucks and the semi in front of us just stopped and wouldn't let anyone pass in the left lane... I immediately thought semi truck strike... or worse, domestic terrorism! I was freaked out! Needless to say, it was actually a really bad accident in the mountains.
Eventually, the had us bypass the highway and detour... it took us an hour and a half to go 10 miles! While we were sitting still, I let Ethan and Sean run around the truck. We were kind of feeling like a bit of Northern Virginia was following us on this trip! Did I mention that we had the dog and two cats in the back too?!? Max was great, but those two cats took turns crying... first one and then the other... every once in a while they would shut up... until I hit a bump and woke them up!
Needless to say, we didn't get as far as we wanted to... we ended up staying in a nasty motel in Crossville, TN. I was absolutely grossed out! Sean decided to throw a fit and lay on the floor... I about died!!! I was quietly (the walls were paper thin) screaming at him to get up off the floor... disgusting!
We told the hotel that we had Max with us and then snuck the cats in... we decided that the fish would be okay in the truck since we were only going to be inside for about six hours... we covered them up to help keep them warm... this was our first mistake...



No comments: