The Kids

The Kids

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Safety first...

I picked Ethan up from school today and somehow got on the subject of safety. We've been going over fire safety and calling 9-1-1 because of Fire Safety Month at school... I apparently felt the need to reiterate the information again this afternoon. We talked about 'stop, drop and roll' and calling 9-1-1.

I wanted to impress upon the boys that if something happened to Mommy or Daddy that they should call 9-1-1 and not be afraid to get help. So I explained to the boys that if something happened like I fell down and hit my head that they should get the phone and call 9-1-1. I went over the list of neighbors that they could go to in order to get help. Both Ethan and Sean were really into talking about what they would do in an emergency...

Suddenly, Ethan spoke up and said, "Mommy, if you fell down and hit your head... or maybe if someone came in and shot both Daddy and you, I would run and hide... and then I would call 9-1-1. I would go outside and look at the numbers by the door and tell the police where to go... and then I would go next door to our neighbors and get help..."

Wow! That was amazingly detailed... including the part where Daddy and I was shot and he hid... who is my kid talking to?!? What has he been watching?!? They don't shoot people on Scooby Doo, do they? He goes to a safe school (or so I thought). We don't live in a bad neighborhood (for the most part). Does anyone know where I can get one of those bubble things like in that one movie?!? I think drastic measures are in order!

No comments: