The Kids

The Kids

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Not a morning person...

I usually post mostly about the boys and silly things that they say and do... but I find it necessary to get this out there: I am not a morning person. I'm not sure if I really thought things through when I insisted on enrolling Ethan in a school in North Stafford county and Sean in Preschool in Spotsylvania county. I am definitely feeling like I've 'lost my mind'!

Five days a week I'm commuting Ethan one direction and twice a week I'm turning around and taking Sean in the exact opposite direction... if the logistics aren't bad enough, then I need to figure in time spent on the road due to mileage and add possible traffic delays due to day of week and time of year multiplied by weather and sunlight direction... so that means that I need to leave 30 minutes to drive 14 miles! That's just for Ethan... that doesn't include the 18 miles that I have to drive Sean in the opposite direction!

Take this all to the next level when you figure in that I am truly NOT a morning person. I'm a 'snooze button hitter' to the Nth degree! I need to break this bad habit and accept the fact that I need to become a morning person that meerly tolerates having to get up before 8 a.m. I don't mind getting up before 8 a.m. unless I am 'made' to get up before 8 a.m. This is the same logic that my husband uses when I ask him to complete a task (any random task) and he refuses for the meer fact that I have asked him to do it. I digress. Anyway, I have calculated the number of mornings that I will have to tolerate the forced pre-8 a.m. wakeup... there are 52 weeks in a year so I subtract 10 weeks for summer vacation, two weeks for Christmas break and one week for Easter and then add one more week for various holidays... that comes out to 38 weeks multiplied by five... that's 190 days of tolerance multiplied by one year of kindergarten and eight years of pre-high school time plus the two years difference between Ethan and Sean... that gives me 2090 days of tolerance. That is, of course, if I can find a job that allows me to sleep in until 8 a.m. and does not 'force' me to get up earlier... this is something to ponder!

No comments: