The Kids

The Kids

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The many things that I regret...

There are many things that I do and say as a parent that I (perhaps only momentarily) regret. For instance, when I was riding with my friend Michelle and her girls to the Baltimore Aquarium... we were headed through the tunnel that goes under whatever river is up there... I thought it would be really neat to explain to her girls (around 3 and 5 years of age) that we were going UNDER the water... apparently I didn't think their reactions were correct so I went on to tell them that if the tunnel had a hole in it it would fill with water... Like I said, there are many things that I have said to kids (even before I was a parent) that I do regret...

Anyway, I had one of those moments today. Sean had called me into the bathroom to wipe his butt... I (and this is where I should have shut my mouth) mentioned that he had a lot of poop in his little butt. He countered with, "I don't have a little butt I have a big butt."

It could have stopped there... but as parents know, there isn't a lot of times where you actually pee alone. That said, I decided to actually take advantage of being in the bathroom already and pee (I had to go for at least an hour)... well, Sean heard me and ran into the bathroom and said, "Mommy, your BIG butt had a lot of pee in it!"

This would be an example of one of the many times that I just shouldn't say anything or it will come back to bite me in my BIG butt!

No comments: