The Kids

The Kids

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Trip to DC...

We took Aunt Nik-Nik and Aunt Sherri up to DC today... we hit the American History museum. All the way up there, Sean sang his new song, "Red means stop, Green means go, Yellow means Sloooowww down!" He cracks me up!

We got a great parking spot right on Constitution and across from the White House. That is amazing since it is Memorial Day weekend! The museum was cool... I was hoping for some more pop culture stuff... like maybe Fonzie's jacket or some Elvis stuff. After the museum, we walked the monuments. When we were checking out the White House and the protestors, Ethan saw some people riding around on Segway's. Ethan told Sean that he wanted to be a 'cop' when he grew up. He said that he wanted to be a cop and ride on one of 'those'. Sean asked him if he wanted to be a cop when he grew up, "yes or no?" (That's his new thing "yes or no?")

Two hours and five miles later, we were back at the truck. I don't know how far we actually walked, but it felt like a long time. We checked out the Vietnam Memorial, the Lincoln Memorial, the Korean War Memorial, and my personal favorite, the World War II Memorial.

I then decided to take everybody out to IHOP for a late dinner/bedtime snack. Unfortunately, I didn't know where IHOP was... after a quick call to a friend, I had an idea of where to go... or so I though. I was so lost. It was already after 10 and we had been going in circles for at least 20 minutes! One last ditch effort to find our way and, yes! I found IHOP! Yummy pancakes!

Success!

No comments: