The Kids

The Kids

Thursday, May 14, 2009

This is how your garden grows...

I really need to reign in these boys... I understand that there is something instinctive about a boys' need to pee outside. It must go back to ancient times and be as primal as a canine urintating on a fire hydrant... but come on... we live in a townhouse community. Well, this evening I drew the line in the perverbial pee soaked sand... Sean took off out the back door and onto the deck... I was distracted on the computer but in the background heard a chair move across the deck... by the time I turned around he was standing on the chair 'aiming' at the hanging pot of strawberries! Last time I checked, urine was not something that made edibles grow or taste better... It is official, the deck is off limits... I draw the line at pee soaked strawberries! At least I draw the line, right?

Anyway, we made it through the rest of the evening fine. After baths, I sat down with the boys to read them their library books. I think we checked them out weeks ago and I already renewed them once. I think the babysitter read them all once, but it doesn't count until I actually sit down and read through them all. Then I can, with good faith, return them and not feel bad because we read them... oh, and I need to get them out of the house before we destroy them... Sean tried dumping half a gallon of milk on them this morning. Where was the mother? Letting the dog out. There is no sacred time anymore! Anyway, the books were mostly about sharks. We read everything there is to know about sharks... I'm pretty sure of that. We talked about the cartilidge skeleton and how it is the same thing that makes up our ears and nose... Sean took a liking to this. He repeated this over and over about his eyes and eyebrows and nose and ears (he added some parts)... then he added his tail and pointed to his behind! I looked at him funny and asked him if he had a tail... I forget what he said because he was so funny when he honestly said that he had a tail! I thought of that really bad movie several years back with the guy that had a tail. Geesh, what was the name of that movie? It was bad...

Well, we get through that and past the five shark books (45 minutes of shark reading) and move on to the last book. A book about the Praying Mantis. I read through all 20 pages and made it to the last page. The last page read and I quote, "Sometimes the female praying mantis eats the male praying mantis." End quote. That was the end of the book! Ethan looked at me and I reiterated that sometimes the girl eats the boy. Such an abrubt ending! I told Daddy about it and joked that the book must have been written by a female to end on such a dreadful note... I checked and it was! My guess is a woman scorned...

No comments: