The Kids

The Kids

Friday, May 1, 2009

It's a Boxing Turtle!

I took Sean into Ethan's school today so that I could take school pictures... all of the pictures turned out great, but that isn't the part of the story that I want to tell... it's the part where we were leaving. I was driving around the school when I noticed movement in the grass. It was a turtle making its way through the grass. He was about the size of a salad plate. I jumped out and picked him up with a towel so that I could show him to the boys. They thought that the turtle was really cool! I ran him back and showed him to the kids that were still waiting for pick up. I gave him to Ethan's teacher who was going to put him back after everyone got to see Mr. Turtle. I ran back to the car and the boys and I chatted about the 'box' turtle that I found. (I don't really know what kind of turtle it was except that it wasn't a snapper) Anyway, Sean retold the story a hundred times already and it is now a 'Boxing' Turtle!

No comments: