The Kids

The Kids

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A house for Mr. Frog...

The boys and I took our neighbor to Lowes today so that he could get some mulch... he has a little car so he needs to borrow the back of my truck and I get an excuse to go to my favorite store... it's a win-win. Well, he was working on his backyard mulch and I was planting my new flowers... Sean was inside playing Wii and Ethan was out digging around for bugs. I walked up onto the patio to grab the hose and noticed a froggy jump. I couldn't just leave it there and not show Ethan, so I grabbed it up and walked it over to him. It was a nice looking frog... really strong. I had noticed him or at least a relative in the backyard before... so I remembered an article I read about make a Frog and Toad house. Ethan grabbed a plastic planter and I grabbed the hack saw. When we were through, we had a cute Frog house with a nice little door. Ethan found Mr. Frog again and we put him in the flower bed and set his new house over top of him. Both of us bent down and looked through the doorway at Mr. Frog. Five minutes later I checked on him again... he was chillin' in his new house. I came back a couple hours later and he was still in there... how hillarious! I didn't think he'd actually stay in there! I guess we have ourselves a new neighbor in the backyard... this Mr. Frog is so much easier to take care of than the tadpoles and baby frogs that we took care of last summer! Welcome to our family Mr. Frog!

No comments: