The Kids

The Kids

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Hole in the cabinet...

'Install magnetic child locks in upstairs bathroom' has been on my list of things to do for a week now. They are such a pain in the butt... but oh so necessary! I had the regular child locks on the bathroom cabinet, but Sean knows how to bypass those. I caught him twice over the weekend spending too much time in the bathroom going 'potty'. Instead, he helped himself to some cleaners and sprayed them all over the bathroom. 'Where was the Mommy?' Downstairs doing something important of course. Since I don't like going to the ER, I put on a good handle lock and wrote 'Intall magnetic child locks in the upstairs bathroom' on my 'To Do' list. (I live by this list) I decided that this morning was my opportunity to cross this off my list.

I grabbed my drill and the magnetic locks... after I set Sean up to play Wii Mario Kart, I headed off to the bathroom. These locks work so well, but they are a bit tricky to install. You have to drill a hole to sink the magnet part of the lock into the door... the first hole didn't work, so I moved it a couple inches over. That hole was too high, so I lowered it a bit. I couldn't get the bit to go in all the way to the plastic guard so I pushed a little harder... I drilled a hole right through the door!!! Oops!

I drilled yet one more hole and finally got it right! With a bit more tweeking, I managed to get the lock to work. The second door was much easier. The bathroom cleaners are now safe and secure behind very locked bathroom cabinet doors. I can check 'Install magnetic child locks in the upstairs bathroom' off of my 'To Do' list... and add 'Fix hole in upstairs bathroom cabinet door' to my 'To Do' list. Oh well, you win some and you run a drill bit through some...

No comments: