The Kids

The Kids

Monday, April 13, 2009

...or you could die?!?

Ethan and Sean woke up early this morning... I wasn't ready to get up yet. I told them to go play in their rooms and give me 15 more minutes to sleep. After I rolled out of bed just 15 minutes later, I found both of them in Ethan's room with their tools out. The real tools. Sean was standing on his step stool with screwdriver in hand. He had already removed one of the screws from the face plate of the light switch and was working on the second one. As half a dozen hairs on my head were turning white, I again explained the danger of electricity to both the boys. I never wanted to turn into my mom, but these two are leaving me no choice. Growing up, my mom would always try to scare us into not doing things by stating what she didn't want us to do and then follow it up with 'you could die'. My brother told me that she had once told him not to corner a raccoon in the garage because "it could have rabies and it could bite him and he could die." I'm beginning to contemplate the 'you could die' parenting technique!

No comments: