The Kids

The Kids

Thursday, October 18, 2007

More toys, please.

I was giving the boys a bath... this is usually Daddy's job unless he's working nights... they've got the usual bath toys to play with... the sinking fish, the big boats, the little boats with wind up propellors, the rubber duckies, the moose out of a McDonald's happy meal, cups, etc... and then, of course, we have a net of reserve toys that usually don't get played with that hangs on the wall. I have accepted that I no longer have a bathroom as it is overrun with bath toys, potty seats, step stools, kandoo wipes and the like... if I want to take a bath, I have to strategically place all of these 'toys' along the edge of the tub so that I can relax without sitting on... well, any random thing that sinks and would hurt if you sat on it... am I jealous that Daddy has his own bathroom that he affectionately calls his 'office' and spends enough alone time in where he should really be getting paid??? Of course not... but I digress... so the boys were getting a bath... Ethan requested that I hand him one of the toys that found its home in the net on the wall... I thought there were enough toys in the bath tub already... he didn't think so and proceeded to let me know as much! I finally was sick of the whining and stated matter-of-factly that there were already 50 toys in the tub and there wasn't room for anymore... he protested and I counted! There were 50 toys!!! My bathroom has 50 toys in the bath tub alone!!! That doesn't even count the ones hanging on the wall!!! I think it's time to move the kids into Daddy's 'office'!!!

No comments: